Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 3 – Blog #1 – Reading: The Art of Possibility


<a href="http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=4511&picture=sun-sign-in-sand">Sun Sign In Sand</a> by Petr Kratochvil 


Several concepts in these four chapters resound in me.  None so much as the question, “What would need to change for me to be completely fulfilled?”  As stated in previous blogs, I am in a period of change and uncertainty in my life.  I am not sure when there will be primary teaching jobs again where I live.  I am not sure what I would want to do if I weren’t a teacher.  So, what would have to change for me to be completely fulfilled?  The problem with this is that I think I was completely fulfilled as a kindergarten teacher.  I loved my job and in fact it was part of my identity. 

So, maybe I need to refer to rule #6 and not take myself so seriously.  I think for the next several months I am going to play the . . .”Have the Best Day Ever” game.  If I can remember rule #6 maybe I can open myself to some new possibilities that I have been overlooking.  I have arranged my narrative or my story around being a primary teacher.  I need to remove those boundaries and that story so that I can reinvent a new story.  If I try to live my life to the fullest and live in the moment, surely a path or revelation will come to me. 

I have always been a cup half-full type of person.  I love the way that Zander explains that the cup half-full is the only true way to be aware of the way things are.  By describing the cup half-empty you are describing how things aren’t.  By looking at the way things are without any judgments or fears or focusing on how things should be a new world of possibilities will open.  By releasing all of these boundaries, fears and contradictions or as Zander puts it, “Beyond the F--- It” (BTFI) lies my future.

1 comment:

  1. Great personal exploration in connection with the reading. One can never say what tomorrow will bring. Some fret over the unknowability of it while others look forward to a new opportunity to have the best day ever. I prefer look forward to another opportunity for a "best day ever."

    ReplyDelete